Chris' Mum and Dad believe in having organic good food, made entirely from scratch and have an allotment to grow their own fruit and vegetables.And boy can they cook! The recipe below is Christine's Tuscan Bean Soup which she has adapted from an old Delia Smith recipe. It is really hearty and warming, but is full of the good stuff. I hope you love it as much as we do!
To make Tuscan Bean Soup: (Makes 6 portions)
1. Fry a chopped onion in a little oil
2. Add 2 cartons of chopped tomatoes plus fresh Basil and Oregano
3. In a seperate pan, boil/steam 2 chopped carrots. (Keep the water in case you need to thin the soup)
4. Add the carrots into the tomato mix and add 2 tins of beans (we used Baked beans, but you can use any type of bean)
5. Cook 6oz of wholewheat macaroni or other wholewheat pasta
6. When cooked mix the pasta in with the tomato mix
7. Add Tomato Puree and parsley
8. If the soup looks too thick add the water from the boiled carrots
9. Serve and enjoy.