Well hello there!

This is my first post on my new look blog! Thank you for stopping by. Pull up a pew, make a coffee, grab a cake and let's get started shall we?

My name is Caddy, I am a 40 something proud Yorkshire lass. Where is Yorkshire? It's in the North of England. Stark country for all Game of Thrones fans, except with happier weddings and no incest. Yorkshire is a truly beautiful county, Emily Bronte wrote about it in Wuthering Heights and old men rolled down hill in bathtubs in it on 'Last of the Summer Wine'. It's stuffed full of hills and it rains......a lot.

Initially I decided to start this blog as a form of memory box. This year I was blessed enough to marry my best friend in all the world, Chris or lovely Chris as he shall be on this blog. We have a lifetime of adventures planned, including lots of travel and I would love for the blog to become something I can look back on in my twilight years and feel a warm glow about all the experiences we were truly lucky enough to have.
I also wish to use the blog to record what will hopefully be my weight loss and progress in trying to become a runner and get fit. Both could fail, but I'm a 'seat of my pants' type of girl and will always roll with the punches. But before you think this is going to be a blog full of stats, crispbreads and a penchant for Sweaty Betty, please note I am ALL about the balance and by balance I mean cake.

I love cake, like a lot. I also love reading, fairy lights, good coffee, snuggly jumpers and anything cosy. Basically I could teach hygge to the Danes. I also happen to think I'm quite funny which I do hope will come across. What can I say? I fall over a lot?

So in the immortal words of Pink 'Let's get this Party started'

Comments

Popular Posts